Easter is a little over a week away, and while the point of the holiday is obviously to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus, I have to admit I always look forward to getting a new Easter dress. I remember as a kid it was a fun day when Mom would say we were going Easter dress shopping. And how excited I would be to wake up on Easter morning and put on my pretty new dress that had been hanging in my closet untouched awaiting this day (after scoping out what the Easter bunny left us in our baskets, of course. ;) ) Easter dresses to me are floral and colorful and something you feel feminine and pretty in.Read More
- It's Friday. Take a break and watch a few of these. This guy will crack you up. He works at BuzzFeed, and films these video where he drinks wine at work (and may or may not become inebriated) and comments on life. HIL-AR-I-OUS! (whineaboutit.tumblr.com)
- Pictures can say certain things better than any words can sometimes. Here are some beautiful/inspiring/heartbreaking images to make you thankful/happy.humbled. (weblasters.com)
- Anything that can simplify life is a good thing in my book. Some of these beauty hacks are so simple I wonder why I didn't think of them on my own. (cosmopolitan.com)
- Who doesn't love mac'n'cheese? Isn't it like the unofficial king of comfort food? Not that it takes super long on the stove top, but here's a quicker microwave version from scratch. (theviewfromgreatisland.com)
- It really is fascinating to me how differently men and women see the same thing. Sometimes I am so confused about what my husband thinks is attractive clothing on me. Apparently I'm not alone. (cosmopolitan.com)
- Holiday time is fast approaching (can you believe it?!!) Time to start thinking about holiday gifts. I think these DIYs are super pretty and also look like they take more skill than they actually do. These make impressive, attractive and useful gifts.
- Netflix is really killing it with quality original programming lately. But in case you forgot, they also have movies from the big screen. When you're done with your latest binge series, here's a list of the best films on Netflix. (agoodmovietowatch.com)
- Isn't the color of this glass soap dish so gorgeous? It reminds me of my wedding invitations, actually. Maybe that's why I'm partial.... (houzz.com)
- There have been studies that show that coloring is actually a good thing for adults to do, to books mental energy and creativity. I'd forgotten that its actually fun until I started it at home with my toddler. Here's some free printable sheets that are better than Mickey Mouse and Goofy. (thecountrychiccottage.net)
Everyone has been excited about the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, which is warranted because you can find some good savings. But one of my favorite places to find things on sale is Anthropologie. They have some of the prettiest items - I would feel pretty every day if my entire closet were their collection. Here are some of my favorites that are on sale now, all for less than $100.
PLUS, all sale items are an extra 20% off with code: saleaway.
Don't you feel pretty just looking at them? ;)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
- I did my own, Kate did too. Beauty guru Bobbi Brown shares her tips for doing your own wedding make-up. (yahoo.beauty.com)
- Turn your own handwriting into a font for your computer, for free. (myscriptfont.com)
- Bloggers always need good photos, and sometimes you can't take your own. Here are the top 10 websites for free, non-cheesy stock photos. (creative boom.co.uk)
- He may have left us in person in 1991, but he lives on in his works. Dr. Seuss' new release will need to be added to our library. (amazon.com)
- 6 super-weird beauty tricks that work wonders: I'm trying the first one tomorrow. (thebeautygypsy.com)
- Check out this guy's Instagram: he brings beauty to doodles. (instagram.com)
- You had me at "chocolate". They've compiled the best chocolate recipes in the universe. (purewow.com)
- For you frequent travelers, find out the quality of your hotel's wifi before you book. (hotelwifitest.com)
- I'm always looking for new recipes, I might get addicted to this Tender app. Downloading now. (yahoo.com)
- Like I think most women, I'm always trying to manage it all and be successful. These are good tips on how successful women make the most of their time (everyone only gets 24 hours in a day) (businessinsider.com)
- Beautiful artwork and super cool speed painting videos (lovemaegan.com)
- Took some of these photos to my last hair dresser appointment, love the results. Great cut with movement but not in need of a lot of styling. (popsugar.com)
- White is so in as summer is upon us. But ever wonder what to wear underneath so you're not sharing too much? Answers here (and usually you can't wear white under white.) (yahoo.com)
- For us very pale-faced people, an easy add to your morning face routine that will gradually give you a summer glow. (Sephora.com)
- Its 2015. Its about time Barbie got with the program and diversified. (cnn.com)
- Ok, this may seem like the weirdest, but after reading the article, I'm considering the face shaving. (Note, the image is deceptive. There is no shaving cream involved.)(popsugar.com)
- Always looking for décor tricks to take things up a notch. 14 tips for that here. (yahoo.com)
- In honor of Father's Day, a cute compilation video of dads who dominate at parenting. (youtube.com)