One of my favorite things about blogging is all the new people and companies and products I get introduced to that I never knew about before. Enter Spring. Spring is a single shopping destination where people can discover amazing products and buy them directly from the brands and designers that make them. You can access them through their website, or they have a great app available for iOS and Android. They offer free shipping and free returns on all orders, which is always a plus to me. Their goal is to make shopping with them a highly personal experience that captures the fun, beauty, and social joy of going shopping in the physical world.
I thought I'd share some advice on how I choose my go-to pieces for staying chic while battling the cold. So I've created this look with some of my favorite pieces available through their site.
As I've mentioned before, one of my favorite things about cooler temps is the increase in the pieces used to create your outfit. It's all about layering, and that means more pieces to style. Here in Southern California, layering is definitely the way to go, because while we don't have to deal with snow, the temperatures can fluctuate +20 degrees or so in the same day, so the jacket you left the house in at 8am is in no way needed at 2pm.
- I'm loving this Marissa Webb jacket. It's a great neutral color, and being that it's an oversize style, it's great for layering. It can be worn tied as shown, or open and loose.
- I'm always a fan of shades of blue, and this Indian print scarf is a beautiful pattern that adds visual interest and some additional warmth.
- You can't tell from this picture, but this sweater (in wool and cashmere) has slightly longer sleeves and thumb holes for an extra cozy and warm layer.
- Because of the scarf at the neck, a longer necklace works best.
- As a mom, I'm always looking for bags big enough for all my necessities plus my kid's, and this Tory Burch bag would hold it all without being too big.
- In SoCal we wear sunglasses all year round. I'm such a wimp about it too, I mean, squinting gives you wrinkles, we don't need that!
- While we're hoping for some rain this winter season to help with our severe drought, it hasn't happened much yet, so all I need is some boots that are comfortable to walk in and keep my toes warm.
- Jeans basically appropriate for any occasion in Los Angeles (ok, not ANY, but just about.) Skinny jeans with stretch ('cuz yeah, we're all eating more pie this time of year) keep me comfortable and at just the right temp.
So go check out Spring and let me know what you find!