I am all about those pieces that you can just grab and throw on but still look like you have a sense of style and tried a little. Shirt dresses are like that. Often basic so you can mix them up with various layers and accessories, but they still work on their own to just throw on and go. I've rounded up some of my favorites for the fall season below.
Top to bottom, left to right:
- Plaid is so in for fall, and I'm loving this shirtdress for it. Also has pockets - score!! Can't you see it with a denim jacket and booties? Or what about a light colored cardigan and some suede OTK boots?
- Starts out simple with a white shirtdress, then gets fun with the black neck tie. Wear it with some black crop pants and pointy toe shoes to the office, or alone with strappy stilettos for an evening out.
- This army/olive green is another hot color for fall, as well as the military styling. I like the shape the self belt give it.
- The pretty teal and white graphic pattern on this one is what caught my eye, as well as the feminine silhouette. Perfect for the office, as well as casual weekend wear.
- How cute is the fringe on this one? It's like business on top, party on the bottom, LOL. The contrast is fun and unexpected.
- Can't go wrong with a classic neutral, and this one reminds me of Michael Kors styles I've seen without the MK price tag.
- The black and white stripes and slim silhouette make this a flattering yet fun office look. Also love the white collar and cuffs.
- A bit more on the boho side, this one is very loose and comfy, with cute embroidered detailing along the hem. And pockets again! Whoohoo! (also on significant sale.)
- Another basic that would last from season to season, you can't go wrong with this denim shirt dress. Button up front and belted waist, I see this with a felt fedora, plaid scarf and tall brown boots.
- Speaking of Michael Kors, here he is. This belted style has a retro feel about it, with it's full skirt and pleats. Very feminine.
- Love the mid-calf length of this one, and the dolman fit of the top with the hip-tie detailing. Classic but different.
- This one is so on-trend for the fall with the suede and the rich jewel tone. It also comes in tall sizes for those who need a little extra length (that'd be me. :) )