I confess that when I first started exploring the world of cosmetics and skin care products as a pre-teen, Mary Kay was not a brand I thought of for myself. It was the brand my mom and grandma used. While my adult self now sees that as clear evidence of what quality products they are. Generations of women have used these great products, and I'm part of that sorority as well now.
The company is always trying to provide us with the latest technological advancements in skin care (as we're all our quest for the fountain of youth in a bottle), and here I'm sharing my favorites that are part of my daily routine.
My daily skincare routine is essentially as follows:
1. Rinse face with warm water only (usually just in the shower.)
2. Apply TimeWise Repair® Volu-Firm® Day Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30, pat into skin. As you know, you should always wear sunscreen. This cream is very hydrating but not greasy, and absorbs quickly.
3. Apply TimeWise Repair® Volu-Firm® Eye Renewal Cream. The tip is a smooth metal applicator that glides on your skin and keeps you from tugging at the delicate eye area. I usually pat with my ring fingers just to get it all absorbed before makeup.
4. Stay tuned for a future post of my cosmetics routine.
1. Wash face with Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser. It's called 3-in-1 because it cleanses, exfoliates and tones in one step. I use the oily skin formula, even thought my skin isn't very oily, because I like the lather. It is not drying. It washes away so clean, leaves no residue. Has a very light, clean scent.
2. Remove eye make-up with Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. This is THE BEST. If you only ever try one MK product, this is the one. I don't think there has ever been a person that tried this that didn't love it, nor a waterproof eye makeup that it couldn't remove. It is safe for all skin types, won't hurt your eyes, and removes EVERYTHING without any tugging or rubbing.
3. Apply TimeWise Repair® Volu-Firm® Lifting Serum, followed by TimeWise Repair® Volu-Firm® Night Treatment With Retinol. Pat into skin. These are the real anti-wrinkle heavy hitters. The lifting serum is very luxurious feeling, but absorbs well and feels light. In all the TimeWise Repair® products is the patent-pending Volu-Firm® Complex, a perfect union of three ingredients that work to restore the look of youthful volume and vibrancy.
Special Treatments: alternating nights, I do nightly masks before my Evening product application: the Timewise Moisture Renewing Gel Mask, and the Timewise Even Complexion Mask. Tuesdays and Thursdays, I do the Even Complexion mask. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I do the Gel Mask.
The Mary Kay skin care lines are formulated to work with each other, but they also work just as well incorporated in a skin care regiment with other brand products (I use other brands as well. Mary Kay is my staple though.) The Timewise Repair product line is designed to fight the signs of aging, but they have great products for acne treatment, dry skin, etc. I use the Repair line because I figure prevention is easier than correction.
If you're interested in trying any of these products for yourself, click the links in the text above, or click here to let me know which and I'll share a 25% off discount with you. (Click here too if you're interested in becoming an MK Consultant yourself, and always having a great discount on their products!) I wanted to use MK all the time, so I became a consultant years ago (but I'm a terrible sales woman, and basically just sell to myself and family, because I never promote myself anywhere else!) All MK products come with a money-back guarantee, so if you don't like it, you can return with no hassle.